Pages

20/11/2013

The Bluffer's Guide to Cars - Martin Gurdon

Honestly, this isn't the type of book I'd ever pick up and read for fun! But I'm so glad I received this from librarything to review! It was so funny!

Bluffer's Guide to Cars is basically a 'cheat' book about well... cars. If you're ever out for an evening with a car-crazy friend, this book is perfect to pick up some key talking points and make out that you know a whole deal about cars, when really... you have no clue.

Even if you are into cars, it's incredibly humorous and easy to read. I finished this book within a matter of hours, it was fascinatingly captivating and made me 'laugh out loud' on every other page!

As a teenage girl who isn't really into cars, I learnt a great deal and it has widened my views about reading genres other than adult and young adult fiction. So let's get into the specifics, the book is small, merely 123 pages long. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a fact (which I loved reading). There are 15 sections, each named with the intention of making you laugh, for example "visionary petrol-heads" and "I need one of those"

Overall, this is a very enjoyable and quick read, so if you have a car crazy friend and want to impress them, if you just love cars, if you want to learn more about cars or if you just want to read something funny, then this is definitely the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment