Pages

24/08/2015

Book Combo Tag!

Hello there! I'm back. Did you miss me? I've had an okay holiday and now I'm ready to get back to business. I've decided to start off with a book tag that I was tagged in a while ago. I love book tags, I'm excited for this, so let's go!

I was tagged by Tasya @ The Literary Huntress - thanks for tagging me! Hope you like my answers:')

Q1. Which two authors would you like to see put their writing skills together and write a new book? 
Oh!! I definitely had an idea for this one. I was talking to my sister about books and said how amazing it would be if they came together and wrote a book ... but now I forgot who I was talking about! Grr, so let's think...

I've decided to go with:
J.K. Rowling and Marissa Meyer. Can you just imagine that? Can you? Sit and think about it for a while. J.K with her impeccable world building skills and the cleverness behind her books. Marissa Meyer can incorporate her fairytale retellings, and twist it all up and we'll end up with an epic magical fairytale retelling in a complex and highly thought out way. Am I making sense? Both of their writing styles are my favourites, and I'd just explode if it actually happened, they both wrote my two favourite series, pretty much of all time.

Q2. What's your favourite author collaboration? 
I love Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. It was one of the first author collaboration books I've read and loved how all three stories within the book (each written by a single author) merged together. I haven't read many author collaboration books, so I'll admit this won't be the best answer but all three writing styles of the above authors I've mentioned worked really well together - as in... you could tell they were written by different people, but it wasn't so different that it didn't fit together. It was a perfect balance.

Something I can tell you though, is a book I'm immensely excited about written by a whole bunch of authors is Slasher Girls and Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tucholke, Stefan Bachmann, Leigh Bardugo, Kendare Blake, Kami Garcia, A.G. Howard, Jay Kristoff, Marie Lu, Carrie Ryan, Megan Shepherd, Nova Ren Suma, Cat Winters and McCormick Templeman. This book is sounding really good, but I haven't had a chance to get my hands on it yet! I need need need it.

Q3. If you could combine two completely different stories and make them a book of their own what would it be and what would their combined title be? 
Why are these questions so hard! I would love to mix a whole bunch of books up, but I feel like some books have already done it for me *cough* Red Queen *cough*. I think, definitely a mix of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer series and The Fault in our Stars. That sounds really effed up, but imagine the craziness of that.

Q4. Which two characters from different books would you ship? 
No!! That means I have to break my couples up. Why would you do this to me!?
Okay, I wanna ship Lara Jean from To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Wesley Rush from The Duff. Why? I don't know. They would make a cute couple, I think. Right?

Q5. Which two worlds from two different stories would you like to see come together to make one epic world?
I feel like I've answered this when I mentioned Marissa Meyer and JK Rowling and I still stand by it- Lunar Chronicles & Harry Potter mixture. YES PLS.

But for the sake of the question, I'll give another one too because I'm such a nice person-  I'd say Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas and Legend - Marie Lu because I think Throne of Glass was really boring and Legend was great, so if you mix them, it would just make it really good. ToG had a lot of good bits, but not enough to keep me interested. Legend was full of action and had much more likeable characters.

Q6. Which duology/trilogy series would you have liked to have been one book? 
Well I think To All The Boys I've Loved before could have been one book -but I liked the second one so... I don't know. I don't really have an answer. I guess I would have liked Divergent to have been just one book because the first book was the best and the rest just went dowwwwn.


-----------

I tag whoever wants to do this and make sure you send me a link to your post so I can check out your answers (which would no doubt be better than mine!)

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about Divergent!!! It was great but the other two were terrible!


    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book tag before but it sounds interesting! I do like the sound of JK Rowling working with Marissa Meyer, even if I am not too much a fan of the former. But it would make such an intriguing story. You did mention Let It Snow but I loved the sound of the other combination of authors you mentioned busy writing a collection. I waaant.

    ReplyDelete