Pages

02/06/2018

REVIEW: Good Me Bad Me - Ali Land

Title: Good Me Bad Me
Author: Ali Land
Publisher: Penguin
Date Published: 12/01/2017
Pages: 338
Format: eBook

Good Me Bad Me is dark, compelling, voice-driven psychological suspense by debut author Ali Land.
How far does the apple really fall from the tree?

Milly's mother is a serial killer. Though Milly loves her mother, the only way to make her stop is to turn her in to the police. Milly is given a fresh start: a new identity, a home with an affluent foster family, and a spot at an exclusive private school.

But Milly has secrets, and life at her new home becomes complicated. As her mother's trial looms, with Milly as the star witness, Milly starts to wonder how much of her is nature, how much of her is nurture, and whether she is doomed to turn out like her mother after all.

When tensions rise and Milly feels trapped by her shiny new life, she has to decide: Will she be good? Or is she bad? She is, after all, her mother's daughter.
Serial killer books are my thing. Anyone who knows me knows this. Although this wasn't a direct serial killer book, it had some after-effects of it, it showed how it affected the family and the victims and the fallout and it was fascinating. This book wasn't as dark as I liked it to be, but it was okay.

I really enjoyed the entire premise, but it fell flat. It felt like it was rushed, the events in the book were odd... to say the least. It was just eh. It was a typical YA book that I needed to be darker, more disturbing, more emotional you know? I wanted it to draw me in, I wanted to FEEL something. But I didn't.

I rated this book 2* on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment