Pages

28/06/2019

The Book Junkie Trials Read-a-thon Challenges & TBR

Hello beautiful people.

For the first time ever, I will be participating in a read-a-thon. A shocker, right? So I stumbled across this read-a-thon on YouTube and thought it sounded like so much fun. Please can we have more read-a-thons like this?!

What is this, you may ask? Well... it's all explained in this nice little Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/TheBookieTrials/status/1136695944265773056

Have a read through that, take the personality quiz & then pop back when you've got your team!

The aim of the game is to get to the Bookie Grail. The team with the most points wins. Each prompt completed I believe is 10 points, there are mini prompts as well for extra points. I don't really know all the rules, so have a read through the Twitter thread and watch some YouTube videos - you'll soon know what's going on!

I've been placed in the Mage team - which frankly, I don't know what that means but I'll take it. Here's the map to get to the Bookie Grail.


We have to follow the path to get to the Bookie Grail and we have to do it in order. 

Ok so that's the map... here are the prompts:

We can start 3 days early, so this read-a-thon for Magi runs from 28th June - 31st July. 

Our journey begins at Orc Grove where we must read a book that's gruesome, gory or gritty. 
I've chosen to read Bird Box - Josh Malerman. I've seen the film and judging by the synopsis of the book, this is fairly gruesome, gory and gritty.

After we've made it through Orc Grove, our journey takes us to Ol' Pirate Road. A book that takes place on sea that I've chosen is The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware 

Judging by the cover, this looks like it'll work.

Once we've conquered the high seas, we end up on the Isle of Glimmer, where we can read a beautiful or colourful book. This was easy. Beautiful is subjective, so I've chosen Forever Interrupted - Taylor Jenkins Reid
Anything Taylor Jenkins Reid writes is beautiful, so there you go.

Ok, so we've had a break and read a beautiful book. Now we have to go and defeat some dragons on the Draconic Isle. I've chosen: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.
I've heard a lot about this book and honestly, it's the only book featuring dragons that really intrigued me. Dare I say it, but I'm not a huge fan of dragons... Hopefully I'll enjoy this though.

Finally, we've made it to the Bookie Grail! In order to win, we need to read Stardust - Neil Gaiman.
No idea what this is about, but it's part of the quest so I'll read it :)

That concludes the TBR. I feel like this'll be pretty easy to do so I'm trying to challenge myself to read all the books for all the quests to the Bookie Grail but I doubt I'll be able to do that! We'll have to see.

I've concocted a TBR for the rest of the prompts but that'll probably change so I'll just do a wrap up at the end of the month to see how I got on!

What team are you on? What's on your TBR? 

No comments:

Post a Comment