Pages

25/08/2015

10 Books That You Would Teach About - Top 10 Tuesday!


So this title is the less Americanised version. Original: August 25: Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101 (examples: YA fantasy 101, feminist literature 101, magic in YA 101, classic YA lit 101, world-building 101) *taken from Broke&Bookish.

But anyway, let's begin. So the 'subject' I've chosen to 'teach' is YA Contemporary, and these books would be on my compulsory reading list!

1. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
2. Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon
3. Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
4. Perfect Chemistry (and companion books) - Simone Elkeles
5. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
6. Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
7. Looking for Alaska - John Green (favourite JG book btw!)
8. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
9. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn
10. Lying Out Loud - Kody Keplinger

Which subgenre would you choose and what books to go along with it?

3 comments:

  1. Great list! Dash & Lilly is such a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! To All the Boys would be the PERFECT contemp to introduce to someone who hasn't read YA before. I also love Looking for Alaska and Anna and the French Kiss. Thanks for stopping by my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would sign up for your class! I really want to read Everything, Everything, especially as everyone seems to be loving this. Anna and the French Kiss was the book which convinced me romance can be a good and worthy genre after all so I would love that. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the book Looking for Alaska though...

    ReplyDelete