Pages

02/06/2018

REVIEW: Moonrise - Sarah Crossan

Title: Moonrise
Author: Sarah Crossan
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Date Published: 07/09/2017
Pages: 400
Format: eBook

'They think I hurt someone.
But I didn't. You hear?
Coz people are gonna be telling you
all kinds of lies.
I need you to know the truth.'
From one-time winner and two-time Carnegie Medal shortlisted author Sarah Crossan, this poignant, stirring, huge-hearted novel asks big questions. What value do you place on life? What can you forgive? And just how do you say goodbye?

I have to admit, I really don't remember anything about this book and I honestly feel like that says it all. I expected so much from it but it didn't deliver. The fact that I didn't even remember what this book was about until I scoured Goodreads for reviews, just shows that it was completely and utterly forgettable.

There was so much promise, it had so much potential but it fell so flat. It really didn't deliver. I wasn't invested in the story, I didn't care all that much for the main character, and I just really didn't give a ****.

Eh. I rated this 2* on Goodreads, but in hindsight, I might drop that to 1* (and that's being generous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment