Pages

18/11/2013

Matched - Ally Condie


This book had the potential to be great, the concept was intriguing, the idea of having no control was frightening yet I wanted to know how it would turn out. So it's basically about this dystopian society where kids who turn 16 (i believe?) get 'matched' with their perfect partner by the government based on their looks/hobbies etc. It sounds bad enough doesn't it? Well Cassia gets matched, and ends up falling for someone who isn't her match and kaboom it all kicks off. Or it should kick off?
I literally felt like this book never took off, I was waiting for the explosion, the tension, the fights, the passion etc. And there was just nothing! The obvious love triangle wasn't believable, I didn't feel anything for any of the characters, and frankly I just didn't care what happened to them. The book didn't pull me in, and it certainly didn't get me wanting to read the next book! I felt like there was no plot, the story didn't seem to be going anywhere, it was poor.

I definitely will not be reading the next book to this series.
Disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment