Pages

19/02/2014

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Cath is a fangirl, she writes fanfiction, and she's a twin. This book is so overly hyped I'm not even going to go into a whole synopsis, but that's pretty much what this is about anyway.

I wanted to like this book, I really did. I mean, I finished it, and I really liked Levi, but I think Cath's character was so bland, I didn't find myself liking her that much. Which is funny because straight from the get-go I was like 'damn she reminds me of me,' so that's probably why I don't like her all so much.

The writing was okay, I really didn't like the little extracts of the books that Cath was obsessed with, I started reading them the first few times they popped up and then I realised they were pointless so I just kept skipping them, they could have been left out and it wouldn't have changed the story any less, if anything it probably would have furthered my enjoyment of the entire book.

I liked how there was a lot of drama, and things kept happening and it wasn't boring, where they just sat around and talked about fangirly things all the time, there was actually a plot, and a story. But I feel like some of the events that took place, and the things that we learn about could have been explored in more depth and well frankly could have been executed a lot better.

I liked it, it was okay, it wasn't great, it's not something I'll rant and rave about for ages, I've forgotten about it already actually, but it was nice to read and pass some time. It's definitely not worth all the hype it's been receiving (but I've realised, I usually don't like the books that get overly hyped up anyway *cough* TFioS *cough*)

No comments:

Post a Comment