Pages

03/04/2014

Cress - Marissa Meyer

Cress is the 3rd book in the Chronicles of Lunar series by Marissa Meyer. If you haven't read this series yet, YOU NEED TO GO AND START IT NOW because you will most likely be spoiled by this review because a lot will be said about what's happened in the other two books. However, if you haven't read this book, then don't worry, you won't be spoiled- now go ahead and read on.

I loved Cress, she was such a lovely innocent character, she kind of reminded me of my little sister, just so sweet and constantly confused all the time. I love how thoughtful and caring she is even when she's surrounded by strangers. She cares for Captain Thorne even when he isn't being necessarily nice to her. I didn't like Scarlet as a character that much so I was wary about whether Cress would be the same. I think it's because Cinder was such a loveable character that all the other main characters would be compared to her and it's just so much for them to live up to, but Cress really did it. This book was definitely as good as the first one.

I'm going to keep this short because I do have a lot of reviewing to catch up on and I want to get across my views without making people sit and read paragraphs and paragraphs of my nonsense.

I knew there would be a lot of point of view changing because there are so many main characters now, and it was a cause for concern at first because I just thought that keeping up with everything would be too much but the way this book is written just makes it work so well. I'm glad that things from the last book get tied up together in this one and I can't wait to read the last in the series.

The events in this book are just epic, they're so fantastic that this book has literally become my favourite ever. You can't go wrong with this series, and this book didn't disappoint.

(You know when you read a book and the next books in the series just aren't as good and it's really disappointing? Yeah, that's not the case and I'm so happy about that!)

I read this book at the beginning of March and I feel like re-reading the whole series because it's just fantastic.

I recommend this to anyone who likes fairytale re-tellings, YA futuristic / criminal / fugitive kind of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment