Pages

03/04/2014

The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting

Violet can find dead bodies. Interesting right? You'd think so. I had some trouble with this book, I thought it would be a lot more dark and sinister than what it was but it was a bit too young for my liking. I adore mysteries and finding murderers etc, especially when it's up to a teenager to find them but this could have been written so much better.

I don't have a lot to say because I really didn't like it that much, it was a quick and easy read and I guess if you don't mind reading mediocre books then you'll enjoy this but I really just wanted something that would wow me, and this didn't.

I liked Jay as a character, he's the best friend that every girl wants. The book was just slightly unrealistic because he always happened to turn up at the right moments and it was all just a bit too fairytale like for me. Don't get me wrong, you know I love fairytales, but not with this kind of story.

The mystery around the murders was interesting and the fear that it created in the town and school was really good but it wasn't dark enough for me.

I was disappointed and I don't think I'll be carrying on with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment