Pages

03/04/2014

1984 - George Orwell

Big Brother is watching. Imagine living in a world where the government can see and hear everything that you do?
This is a classic, this is really the only classic I've read that wasn't compulsory for school and was just for my own pleasure.

It took me a while to read it and I did have to put it down for a couple of days before continuing because some parts just seemed to drag on a little.

I liked Winston as a character, I quite agreed with a lot of the things he said and I was so scared for him that he was going to get caught by the ThoughtPolice and killed. The romance between Julia was a bit sudden and weird but I guess that would be normal, he was obviously intrigued by her boldness and confidence. I loved the story telling of this book but the bit that really bored me was when he was reading Goldstein's book and it just went on for pages and pages and then he'd say 'this is nothing I didn't already know' and then carries on reading it to us, it was boring and I have to admit I skipped a few of those pages completely.

Overall it was a really interesting book, especially for me because I'm into Sociology.

No comments:

Post a Comment