Pages

17/04/2014

Graceling - Kristin Cashore

Okay, so I read this a while ago, but completely forgot to review it! So here it is:)
Graceling is about a girl who's Grace, or special power in other words, is killing. When she discovers this, the King (her uncle) keeps her close to do his dirty work for her because everyone was scared of her. I'm not sure how much the synopsis actually reveals - and i'm too lazy to check - but that's all i'll say for now incase i spoil something!!

I really loved Katsa, she's such a strong female heroine. A lot of people compare her to Katniss, and I can really see why. She can handle herself, she knows what's right and what's wrong and she'll fight for what she believes in. All of the characters in this book were really likeable.
I don't know why I was reluctant to actually start reading it, it's been on my kindle for a good few months but I clicked it one night and couldn't put it down! The story-line is so unique and different, I instantly fell in love with it.

Because I read this a few months ago, it's quite hard to pick out what I didn't like about it because I don't really remember the specifics, but I'm taking that as a good thing because if there was something I really hated about it, I'd definitely remember, so the problems I maybe had with it were probably not major anyway.

I really recommend this book, it's become one of my favourite books, I just really loved reading it!

1 comment:

  1. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    You will receive two press releases per week on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications
     
    www.bostickcommunications.com
     
    bostickops@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete