Pages

05/07/2014

The One - Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)

Ahh this book.

Can I just say, that it's worth reading this to the end, JUST BECAUSE OF THE END.

I have a few problems with this book/series as a whole.
1. It's too slow.
2. MAXON JUST PICK SOMEONE ALREADY.
3. I feel like there should be another one because some things were just not cleared up properly and/or were resolved too quickly?
Like really, I don't think the rebels thing was properly closed up and finished...

BUT
This series is still really great, I enjoyed reading this book, I just didn't love it as much as I loved reading the first one.

That usually happens with YA trilogies though, the first one is good, the second is meh & the third is just no. (AHEM DIVERGENT I'M LOOKING AT YOU).

I loved the characters, but I feel like they haven't been developed enough and they're a bit 2 dimensional. You know?

This book could have been part of the second one and another one should come out and really complete the series. It just closed off too quickly for me, I NEED CLOSURE.

But I'm not going to complain, because we have more Maxon. And who doesn't love Maxon? I think Maxon's the only character that really grows throughout this trilogy. He's the only one who really changes and adapts and becomes a bit more lifelike and real.

The others might aswell be cardboard cutouts.

3/5stars.

But let me know what you thought of the conclusion to this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment