Pages

15/02/2014

Book Buying PROBLEM!

I have an absolutely terrible problem with buying books. I just cannot stop myself at all- and okay, I don't go into Waterstones everyday and buy everything I see, but I do trek from one charity shop to another to find a little treasure hidden among the ancient bibles and dictionaries.

Why is it a problem? Because I don't have a job. If I could have a job reviewing books that I like to read, I would definitely do it! I should be spending my time studying instead of reading- so obviously buying more books is making me read more which in turn is distracting me from my education. That's definitely a bad thing right? Even writing this is a form of procrastination (oh well).

So what I really wanted to say, was that I haven't been able to finish many books this week (or any), purely because Fangirl is just taking the life out of me. I don't know whether I love it or hate it if I'm honest, but I'll rant about that another day. I just wish I had the patience to write stories like she does. Maybe I should try writing fanfiction? Then again, I don't want to butcher someone's character and/or world.

I've sworn to myself that I won't buy any more books until I've finished reading all the ones I already own, yeah fat chance of that ever happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment