Pages

04/06/2014

Sorry!

Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on lately, I've had exams, but I'll be done in a few weeks and I'll have 3/4 months dedicated to you!

I'm going to update you a little on what I've been reading (when I've had time!). I haven't actually finished any books for a while, purely because nothing I've read has made me want to finish it. Slightly disappointing. So if anyone has any recommendations I'd gladly take them! Also if you want me to review anything then just let me know & if it's my thing, I'll read it and post up a review when I can.
So let us get started... !

First of all,
Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor 
This was enjoyable at the beginning. I was slightly confused as to what was going on, I wanted to know more about the life that our protagonist leads (cannot for the life of me remember her name!!) but I think I got about 40% in and I was just bored. I didn't really care what happened, I thought the characters were a little... childish? Cartoonish? Just really completely not what I was expecting considering this trilogy was so hyped up! I did enjoy reading the beginning and I won't rule out picking this up again. So if any of you have read this and think the ending is really good or I have to continue because it gets better or maybe it doesn't? Let me know in the comments below!


The next one...
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green & David Levithan 
This is going to be funny, I'm going to sound so stupid but I've got to tell you! So the only reason I picked this up was because David Levithan co-wrote it and I LOVE David Levithan with a passion. (John Green is pretty cool too!). I didn't know what it was about, I had no idea that there were indeed 2 WILL GRAYSONS. Now that might sound stupid because of the title, like duh obviously there's 2.. I didn't know that. So you can imagine my confusion when they met. I was like 'Huh, wait, what? Don't you know Tiny already?? Wait, you're gay? Oh no the other one is, is he? Who? What?' I was the most confused I've ever been. I'm enjoying this book so much but if you haven't read it yet and you want to, there are 2 and they alternate between chapters. I think I need to start it again and read it knowingly. But I'd definitely recommend it.

Finally,
And The Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini 
This isn't YA, but I love Khaled Hosseini's books, so I had to include it! I didn't finish this. I honestly couldn't, I had such high expectations for this book because of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, but this really didn't live up to those at all. I read about 50% of it, and really I got bored. I don't have time to be reading mediocre boring books so I had to put it down and start something better. I'm so upset this wasn't as good. I mean, it's okay, but it's not memorable. Ask me about a character? I wouldn't be able to name one, I just literally don't remember what this is even about. I think I will finish it, I think I'm just overworking my brain because of exams and right now I need something light, but really quite disappointed with this.






No comments:

Post a Comment